Our teachers know their students and work with them to help them realise their potential as learners. Our focus on authentic learning and authentic assessment ensures that we challenge our students to grow in their learning and achieve their personal best.
Throughout our community of Sydney Catholic schools, we have shown high performance of our students in measures such as NAPLAN and the HSC.
At St Therese’s Catholic Primary School Lakemba, assessment is seen as a crucial tool in the learning cycle whilst challenging students and measuring their success. A wide variety of assessment tools are used. In class assessments and standardised tests such as NAPLAN, Progressive Achievement Tests (PAT), The Religious Education test and ICAS assessments are used in all classrooms. We have been able to demonstrate strong growth, particularly in Reading and Religious Education in recent years.
Here are some of our other recent achievements:
- Our gifted and talented students are selected to compete in Maths Olympiads. These opportunities are given for students to showcase their particular strengths outside of the classroom environment.
- Our Robotics students have an opportunity to compete in the NSW Robocup Junior competition each year. This year our school came 3rd in the Semi-final.
- Our creative students submit entries to a number of different creative and practical arts competitions throughout the year.
- Our drama and musical students take part in the CaSPA performance opportunities.
- We also have students each year represent St Therese’s in regional and state levels in sports, including rugby, tennis and athletics.